Monday, September 3, 2007

Happy Labor Day… only 113 shopping days until Christmas!

Wow, is summer really gone already? That was fast, but then again, it always is. Is it really just the old saying “time flies when you’re having fun,” or do those extra long days screw with our sense of time? Who knows, but it does seem like I was just writing that Memorial Day post.

I hope you all enjoyed this summer, and were able to cook and eat lots of great food. I appreciate all the visits, and comments, as the blog has really grown rapidly the last few months. Special thanks to all of you who helped spread the word about Food Wishes. It’s been a lot of fun learning and using the new equipment (I took the plastic off one of the manuals the other day), and I hope the videos will become even better, and more enjoyable for you.

So, as days grow shorter, sunflowers go to seed, crunchy leaves cover the lawn, and some idiot tells you how many shopping days until Christmas, take heart; we are entering the prime cooking and eating time of the year. I hope you will visit this blog often for ideas on filling your fall and holiday tables with an array of delicious and somewhat healthy recipes. Finally, here’s to all the poor cooks, chefs, and other hospitality workers that celebrate Labor Day by working. Don’t feel too bad though, they’ll catch up after work…they always do. Cheers!


Btw, the sunflower photos were taken on a recent walk through San Francisco. You can even see parts of the beautiful Victorian they were planted in front of.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy end-of-summer, Chef John! Look forward to all the fall and winter meals you'll show me how to prepare. :-)

Chef John said...

I'm looking forward to it as well.

Jim said...

Hi Chef John. Thanks again for all the great food ideas & techniques. I tried the Black Cherry Pork Tenderloin from the other day & it was probably the best pork tenderloin I've ever had, including restaurants!! I've told many people about FoodWishes & I'm going to send you a donation over Paypal. I think Paypal is fine. Jim

Chef John said...

Jim, Thanks! That is a killer recipe. Just a great combination. Also, thanks so much for the donation to help support the site. It's been pretty lean times lately as I try to keep the site going on the shoestring budget and every donation really helps. Thanks again and expect much good culinary karma coming your way. Cheers.